There are many options when it comes to hair removal, from waxing to threading and shaving to tweezing, but laser hair removal is one of the few options that offers a more permanent approach to getting rid of body hair.
Laser hair removal is a process in which hair follicles are treated with laser light, resulting in permanent hair reduction or removal. Laser hair removal is safe (FDA cleared), effective, and provides long-lasting results. With the introduction of advanced laser technology, waxing, razor bumps and painful electrolysis are finally becoming a thing of the past.
One of the main benefits of using a laser to remove your unwanted hair is its permanence. Once you have completed your treatment plan, the hair is gone. Other benefits of laser hair removal include:
- Precision – the laser can target specific areas and hair types. For example, the laser can target coarse, dark hairs and leave the surrounding area untouched.
- Speed – laser hair removal is efficient because it can target several hair follicles at once. Small areas of hair, like above the lip, can be done in less than a minute while larger areas can take just a few minutes to complete.
- Minimal Side Effects – unlike shaving or waxing, there are no ingrown hairs or razor burn.
- Cost Effective – while the upfront costs can be expensive, you will save money in the long-term on replacement razor blades and waxing supplies.
- Location – laser hair removal can be done just about anywhere on the body including the armpit, legs, bikini area, back, face, stomach, etc.
Some important things you need to consider before Laser Hair Removal:
- Patience pays off-it takes about two or three weeks after first treatment to see a difference and 8-12 treatments to get the full result. You also have to be really regular with your appointments because your hair follicles are all at different stages of their growth, so you want to make sure each one has a chance to get zapped.
- Shave the area before you laser-The laser can react with hair on the skin’s surface which will cause some irritation and maybe dreaded burnt hair smell.
- It’s a pretty FAST process-a full face appointments can take around 20 minutes, including a quick chat and makeup removal at the start. It a;; depends on the area but it should not take more than an hour.
- You cant go too the Gym afterward-The heat from the laser stays in your skin for 24 hours so no gym, saunas, hot showers. If you do, you run the risk of creating a warm environment for bacteria to multiply and give you spots.
- Think about the SUN seriously- avoid sunbathing and sun exposure as much as possible before and after treatment. Also if you have a tan you’ll need to wait till it fades before you can start your treatment.
- Laser Treatment can trigger more growth in some cases-particular types of hair can be stimulated into growing longer and thicker. But don’t worry, if hair isn’t suitable, we will let you know.
- You might need to switch up your beauty regime and products-Scrubs, glycolic acid and retinol creams should be avoided 2 days before and after treatment. You can also include face mists and added extra moisturizers to your regime as you could get a bit more dry. It’s recommended that for a 2 week period before and after laser, you avoid chemical peels and similarly you should wait 1-2 weeks before using fake tan.
- It works on all Skin Tones-The hair just needs to be dark enough to drawn the laser.
- You might need to go back for Touch Up treatments
- Most people report 90 percent permanent reduction in hair growth but fluctuating hormones can make hair grow back.
Unwanted hair can be a major nuisance. But you can permanently remove unwanted hair with laser hair removal. Experience expert laser hair removal and reduction at Olam Med Spa. Call Today and make your Evaluation appointment to determine if Hair laser removal is for you.